School History

In 1925, Augustinian priests and brothers arrived in Racine where they converted a bowling alley into a chapel. St Rita’s Church was dedicated in 1926. In September 1929, St. Rita School opened under direction of two Racine Dominicans. In 1952, the parish purchased the North Racine School on Highway 32 (now Lathrop Furniture) to accommodate the parish’s growing school population. Still expanding, in 1966, the first five rooms of the current school building were erected. They made additions over the years, including a gym, kitchen and science room.  St. Rita School officially became a part of the Siena Catholic Schools of Racine in 2018.  Please click the button below to learn more about Siena Catholic Schools of Racine.